I’m on the internet a LOT and I’ve found some pretty cool sites along the way. Here’s a list of a few that I think are neat-o (in no particular order, other than this was the order I thought of them in, LOL!) Have fun!
1. The Secret Door – takes you to random Google Street View places when you click on it. Fascinating!
2. Pinterest – I can spend HOURS here, no joke. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m on a DIY kick right now, and Pinterest is DIY heaven. Also a GREAT place to find cool design, gorgeous photography, beautiful art, and style galore! Lately, I’ve been kind of aggravated about it being taken over by supposed “blogs” (which are really just link repositories masquerading as blogs) pinning and repinning the same things. It’s getting harder to find genuine, original things to repin, so I’m making a concentrated effort to pin cool things from the blogs and websites I visit, instead of just repinning content that’s already on Pinterest. It takes a little more effort, but I think it adds WAY more value to the community.
3. Facebook – I know, I know. But I love it so! (Heh!)
4. Amazon – I’m a bargain shopper, and you can’t beat the GREAT deals at Amazon. I love to comparison shop, and probably 7 times out of 10, Amazon has the best price, PLUS it gets shipped straight to my door, yayyyy, no gas money!
5. HGTV – LOVE the cool home decorating and design tips. I’m addicted to watching that channel, too!
6. AllRecipes – I have this app on my phone, too, and it’s a godsend! I’ve never had a problem finding a cool recipe to try and while I haven’t LOVED every single thing, at least they were something different and fun!
7. Swagbucks Coupons – I use Swagbucks a lot to search and win points for free gift cards from Amazon, Starbucks and more. One of my absolute FAVORITE ways to earn points is to print coupons from the Swagbucks site! Not only do a get to save a few cents, but I get points for it, too!
8. PostSecret – just fun.
9. Kevin and Amanda – SO CUTE. Always just……cute! I love it.
10. The Graphics Fairy – Karen posts an amazing variety of FREE graphics, mostly vintage stuff she finds in old books. She also posts reader submissions of projects using graphics from the site and I’m continually amazed at the creativity!
11. Journey Photographic – GORGEOUS travel photography.
12. Re Create Design Co – Michael is an expat living in Sweden. She used to blog at the wonderful Blue Velvet Chair which was a DIY, home decor, repurposed design blog. She’s moved on to Re Create Design for more of the same. ALWAYS fascinating! Follow Michael on Facebook, too!
And there you have a small sampling of my favorite blogs and websites. I could go on and on, but I have to stop somewhere. Twelve seems like a nice number, doesn’t it? More than ten, but just short of the dreaded 13. 😉